This information was sent to me by a reliable source:
Today if you read PUNTO newspaper, the story says everything is back to "NORMAL" at GGLC. http://punto.com.ph/News/Article/21036/Volume-8-No-7/Headlines/u-UNAFFECTED-BY-GGLC-ROW-u-br-The-Medical-City-Clark-set-to-open-Dec-8
Yet only a few hours earlier on 14 Aug, GGDC (Kuwaiti fund) tried to forcibly take over the GGLC site with 100 new guards (they had the guards on buses on Spur Rd). LOL. Unable to convince CDC and the PNP to allow them and WITHOUT a Court Order, the guards were sent back to Manila.
Today about noon, Mark Williams, President of GGDC was back asking for the NOTICE sign to be removed. NOTE: He is the one who on 3 June, closed two checking Accounts and REMOVED 1.6M USD to pay vendors and payroll. Today, CIAC and PNP SOSIA, were both called out because GGDC wanted these signs removed. The signs remained, because Peregrine is still in control of the GGLC.
The Sign on the guard shack says:
THIS SITE IS CLOSED AND OFF LIMITS. ALL WORK SUSPENDED EFFECTIVE JUNE 3, 2014 DUE TO CESSATION OF FUNDING BY GGDC.
Now the CEO of The Medical City (their hospital is being built), CEO of Clark Development Corp and President of GGDC would have you believe with misinformation that everything is "normal" on GGLC. They have huge ads in the news papers in Manila just this week. Yes there IS NO work going on the site and it is completely closed down.
The project is in legal dispute pending arbitration in Singapore and is shut down. Over 170 Peregrine workers were laid off in July, $5M in unpaid liabilities to local vendors … it is unfortunate that the public is continued to be misled. An estimate +1000 workers, subcontractors, have lost their jobs too.
It would be nice is someone would do more investigation and get the truth out. Until them, I will send out occasional updates.
(I wrote a detailed article about this situation in my column and I specifically stated that the work on Medical City Clark has come to a standstill. Then today I read in the Sun Star that all is well and that they expect to open the hospital ahead of schedule. This is a complete fabrication!
Note the name Mark Williams in the above statement. This man has definitely taken a major roll in the removal of operational funds from the Peregrine account. This battle is being fought in the courts but despite decisions against KGL Manila Mark must feel that he is above the law and now wants to apply old style questionable heavy handed actions by a goon squad in uniforms. Is he afraid of the courts?